Lilypie

Saturday, March 15, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Block Party

I know I've sort of gone on and on about how energetic my neighborhood is. Saturday afternoon, the O'Hare's, who live around the corner from us, hosted a big St. Patrick's Day Block Party. Growing up, St. Patrick's Day was really just another day. I mean, really, I didn't even own anything green to wear (green just isn't my best color), and I didn't (and still don't) understand the meaning of the holiday. I suppose it goes without saying that the O'Hare's are Irish... and apparently very proud of their Irish roots. This party was WAY more "authentic" than anything Justin and I had ever attended. There were 2 sets of Irish dancers (I missed the first group because I got there a little late... work), a bagpiper and a fiddle player. There was always some kind of entertainment going on. There was face painting for the kids and food and drinks for the adults. Unfortunately, we have no pictures because I couldn't find my camera, and didn't want to spend time looking for it because I was already over an hour late for the party. We stayed until about 7:00 when things were just beginning to wrap up, and came back to our house and watched a movie with Matt and Amy. I love our neighborhood!

Photobucket

No comments: