Lilypie

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

15 Seconds of Fame...


I know this is old news by now, I just haven't had time to post recently. Here are my stories from the past week...

Wednesday night (yes, a week ago) my mother and I decided it might be fun to go down to the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center to watch the American Idol results show with the swarm of Taylor Hicks fans. Of course, we love Taylor, too. I called and e-mailed about 10 of my friends, but none could join. Mom was able to get Dad and their best friends, Bob and Wanda to come. We had great seats and really enjoyed the show and all they hype and enthusiasm of the Soul Patrol. When the show was over, three guys who work for NBC (I read their press passes) pulled me aside and stuck a camera in my face (of course, I loved that). They asked me some questions about Taylor and what his winning means to Birmingham. Afterwards, I asked which show they report for. That's when I found out they work for the NBC Network in New York and shoot for the Today Show! We recorded the show the next morning, but they only briefly mentioned American Idol, and I wasn't "featured." ;-) After all, it IS the #1 show for their network rival, FOX. The next morning, my friend Christy from Baton Rouge, LA called me and told me she saw my interview on Access Hollywood!!! The show ran a few times over a 24 hour period, so my grandmother's friend recorded it. They say everyone has 15 seconds of fame... well, if my "appearance" on Access Hollywood counts, I've got about 10 seconds left. I better make them good!

No comments: