Lilypie

Saturday, May 06, 2006

A month later...


Hey everyone! So, maybe I'm not the best blogger, but I'm trying! This has been a pretty slow week at work. Ross Bridge http://www.rossbridge.com, the community where I sell homes, is hosting a Senior PGA golf tournament. We weren't really sure what to expect. Would the tournament bring people in droves? Or will everyone here be here just for the golf? As it turns out, the people here for the tourney haven't bothered to visit the residential section. Part of that can be attributed to the fact that no one can park anywhere near the community. All the spectators are parking miles away and being bused in directly to the first green. We do expect it to be busy this coming up week as more and more people hear about the community.

Last night, Justin and I took my brother and his wife, Amanda to the Crawfish Boil downtown. We ate Jim N' Nick's beforehand and made it downtown just in time to see Sister Hazel and Blues Traveler. We had a fun time. Pictures to come later.

Our church, Homewood Church of Christ http://www.homewoodchurch.org just hired a new youth minister. We are looking forward to having Tim and Andrea Mills, and their son Caleb as part of our family. As youth sponsors, Justin and I have been working hard to put together a book for Tim and Andrea. Our goal is to have all the kids fill out a profile and we will attach their picture, bind all the profiles in a book and give the book to Tim and Andrea when they meet the kids for the first time on May 14th. It's an optimistic goal, but I know we can make it with all the other youth sponsors' help. We already have almost 30 profiles, just from our Wednesday night class!

Bored of reading yet? Next time I will post pictures... I promise. ;-)

5/7/06: See, I told you I would add a picture!

No comments: