Lilypie

Friday, October 05, 2007

Wide awake and talking about my "Man"

I must have a severely abnormal reaction to medication. First of all, I despise going to the doctor. Nothing against doctors, but I feel like it's a total waste of time to sit in a waiting room for hours only to see a doctor for a few minutes. I usually treat myself to over-the-counter meds and vitamins when I'm sick... because I never EVER get sick. I can't recall a time I ever missed work because I was sick! Anyway, I've been fighting a sore throat AND a urinary track infection now for over a week. I've been taking vitamins and OTC's, but I don't seem to be getting better. In fact, I bought a thermometer for the first time in my LIFE yesterday to try to self-diagnose. In a big move for me, I went to see a doctor this afternoon. I even left work an hour early! Gasp! The doctor prescribed me about 4 drugs... only 2 of which I actually filled, because I also hate drugs. I chose to fill the decongestant and the antibiotic. I chose not to fill the pain meds for the UTI (I'm tough) and the prescription cough pills. Well, it seems to come into mind that I took some sort of drugs last winter and I was up all night. I didn't really think about it this evening when I popped the 2 drugs after having them filled. So here I am, 2:45 in the morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed. I tried to go to bed, but finally gave up after about an hour and a half of staring into the blackness trying to get comfortable. Maybe it's because my body isn't used to prescription strength drugs, or maybe it's the drugs. I'm taking Zyrtec-D and Sulfamethoxazole (whatever that is!). Anyone share the same experience?

So, while I'm up, I figured I'd respond to Lindsey's tag about "my man." So, here goes!
1. Who is your man? Justin William Hardy (AKA Justin the Great).
2. How long have you been together? We've been together for 5 years, but married for 2.5.
3. How long did you date? We dated for 2 years, and were engaged for 8 loooooong months.
4. How old is your man? 29 (but he'll be 30 next month... I bring this up as often as possible)
5. Who eats more? We both eat a lot, but Justin will always finish my plate if there's anything left!
6. Who said "I love you" first? Justin. He pulled the car over on the interstate and said that he couldn't wait any longer to tell me he loved me. Of course, I told him I loved him, too.
7. Who is taller? Justin
8. Who sings better? I do. Justin is a good singer at church, but he totally sings the melody and follows along. He can't really CARRY the tune, or harmonize.
9. Who is smarter? We are both smart in different areas. Justin has an engineering mind, so he is totally math and numbers and business (these skills, PLUS a personality is rare). I think I'm smarter than he is in people relations and in sports!!!
10. Whose temper is worse? Justin's, but I have my moments.
11. Who does the laundry? Whoever needs clean clothes the most... sad, I know.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Mostly Justin, but I will if it needs it and he's not around.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Justin likes to claim the we don't have "sides," so we switch up for now. Tonight, I'm supposed to be sound asleep on the left side. Last week, it was the right.
14. Who pays the bills? Justin... every single one. I HATE bills (even more than I hate going to the doctor).
15. Who is better with the computer? Justin is great at keeping viruses out, but he can't blog! ;-)
16. Who mows the lawn? The lawn guys... although we're considering purchasing a mower all our own.
17. Who cooks dinner? Cook? Oh, that's something we always say we'll get around to doing one day, but we never do. In fact, we had a conversation about that just tonight.
18. Who drives when you are together? Justin.... 100% of the time.
19. Who pays when you go out? Justin.
20. Who is most stubborn? Justin... again, I have my moments of passion as well.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I am... every time.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? We see my parents more often because they live here and we go to church together. But when we do see Justin's parents, we actually stay at their home, so we spend a lot of TIME with them.
23. Who kissed who first? Justin kissed me first... there was some serious magic going on that night!
24. Who asked who out? He asked me.
25. Who proposed? Justin (a very good story by the way... for another time)
26. Who is more sensitive? I am, hands down.
27. Who has more friends? Justin has a few close friends that he sees quite often. I get together with big groups of friends a lot... maybe it's a girl thing. I also talk to my friends on the phone(old and new) MUCH more often than he does, but he still has a group of guys from high school that he thinks of like brothers.
28. Who has more siblings? Justin. He is the baby of 5. I have one younger brother.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? That would have to be Justin.

So, at this point, I'm supposed to tag others. So, Amber, Kristy, Stacy, and Katherine I'd like to see your posts about your man! Hannah, I would have tagged you, but Lindsey already did!

P.S. We had a really fun week end, but I'm waiting on pics from my friend before posting. Hopefully I'll get them soon!

6 comments:

Hewy Nosleep said...

Nice Blog!

Lindsey Eason said...

Whitney - it's the Zyrtec. I've heard Zyrtec can keep you up and make you a little jittery. Sorry you're having insomnia - and on top of feeling yucky - that's a double whammy. I hope you feel better soon and I enjoyed reading your tag! :)btw: I'm with you on the bill paying - I don't think I have EVER paid a bill since Chad and I have been married.

Kate said...

Justin is such a cutie, Whitney! I love your blog! I've been reading through it all afternoon. You look great!

Michael and Hannah said...

I find it seriously difficult to believe that you and Justin have been together for 5 years. wow. I feel old. Why did the silly doctor prescribe pain meds for your UTI instead of something to clear it? My doctor in Ky. gave me what she called a "goodie bag" to take on my honeymoon, and it included something for UTI since those are common when starting honeymoon-relating activity for the first time. Little magical pills called Cipro (also what you take for Anthrax poisoning by the way). You just take one and the UTI magically disappears in hours. I've only used it once, but have given my magic pills to others, and they all report the same magical results. Ask you doc about it. Hope you feel better soon!

Whitney said...

Hannah, they did prescribe something to cure it. That was the sulfa.... thing. I got that one filled, just not the one that eases pain. They chose that specific drug because they thought it might also be successful at clearing the infection in my throat. Still feeling blah, and needless to say, I am no longer taking the Zyrtec at night!

kristy said...

Oh, Whitney, I can empathize with you having a UTI. I had 5 of them the beginning of this year and am currently on a 6 month antibiotic to try and clear it up once and for all. If you're not going to take the pain killer, I highly recommend AZO standard. You can get it at CVS, WalMart, etc. (just ask the girl at the pharmacy counter which isle it's on), and it really makes the symptoms A LOT less severe! I hope you get to feeling better soon.
On a different, and happier, note, I love the info you posted about Justin. Since I've only been around him briefly (Spring Sing weekend when you two had just started dating and you stayed with us in Searcy), it was nice to learn a little more about him. Since you tagged me, I will try to post info about Payton sometime this week. :)