Lilypie

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pray for the Burgess family...

Hello Blog friends. I know I haven't posted in a while, and believe me, I have some fun stuff to post, but I wanted to post a quick prayer request. Every morning, I listen to a radio show based out of Birmingham called Rick and Bubba. Some of you may get them in your hometown, too. They have crossed all kinds of boundaries bringing Christian teachings and values to secular radio. They are not ashamed to speak of their beliefs on air, and different from many radio show hosts, are REAL people... like your uncles or cousins or something. They relate to so many.

Yesterday, Rick's son, Bronner Burgess drowned in the pool at their home. I don't know the details other than that a precious little boy's life was lost. On Rick and Bubba's website, it says "The Burgess's want to give all Honor and Glory to GOD for the many blessings He has given us, especially the life of Bronner Burgess. And while we do not understand, we know who is in charge and His will be done in life and in death. "

Please pray for Rick, Sherri and the entire Burgess family.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How humbling to see their faith in the Lord after what has happened. It is the biggest testimony to trusting God no matter what. Really puts life in perspective.

I have been missing your blogging. I know you are so busy though. I am dying to see more of your house though. It's perfect! Loved the Christmas pics. We are looking forward to having everyone at our home next year! We have our Decorator! later this month, very exciting! Have a great week!

Lindsey Eason said...

That is so sad! We'll definitely be praying for them...thank you for sharing.