Lilypie

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I want a Mother's Day do-over!!!

We woke up in a hurry for church, and halfway through worship, Justin left to go to the restroom with an upset stomach. He texted and said that he was throwing up and asked if I could ride home with Dad (Mom was at home not feeling well either).

Justin was apparently down for the count, and I knew that Hayes and I would just be a bother to him if he was trying to recover, so we went to Mom and Dad's for lunch. On the way, we stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. While inside, it started raining. And I don't mean one of these sweet little rain showers... it POURED. By the time Dad and I checked out, there were inches of water in the parking lot. Dad rushed to the car in his suit while I stayed behind with baby Hayes.

We finally made it to my parents' soaking wet. Hung out for most of the day, then made it home just in time for dinner... Taco Bell. Not sure why Justin would request bean burritos after being sick, but he did.

So, his sickness trumped my first Mother's Day. I did, however, get beautiful flowers from Hot House Design Studio. When do I get my Mother's Day do-over!?
Photobucket

No comments: