Little Hayes is growing SO FAST!!! I weighed him on our scale last week and he weighed 12 ½ pounds!!! We will go to the doctor next week for his 2 month shots, and I can’t wait to get his official weight. My dad took this picture of my sweet, smiley boy yesterday when he took Hayes for a walk around the neighborhood.
Right now, Hayes has a few favorite things.
1. Outside. If he’s fussy, we can take him outside and it almost always soothes him. We have a big front porch with a swing, and he could cuddle with you there for hours.
2. Baby’s Bliss Gripe Water. It doesn’t work for a lot of babies, but one milliliter of that stuff can calm a very fussy Hayes instantly! Chase it with a paci, and we’re good to go!
3. Lovies. He has a monkey, puppy and a lamb. He pretty much clutches one of them all day long.
4. Baths. He was very indifferent about them in the beginning, but now his bath is something he looks forward to EVERY DAY. We are still trying to get him to like the lotion… we’re making progress… slowly.
5. Being held. Yes, he’s a little rotten. Luckily he sleeps well at night.
Speaking of sleeping well, Hayes slept through the night last night for the first time!!! I put him down around 10:00 and he didn’t wake up until 6:45 this morning! I woke up at 5:39, and frantically checked to make sure the monitor was on. Since he is sleeping in his crib in his room upstairs, I was afraid I had forgotten to turn on the monitor, and had slept through his night feeding. I checked the monitor and it was on. Whew! I opened it (we have a great video monitor), and he was indeed still in his crib, so I tiptoed upstairs to make sure he was still breathing. I opened the door to his room and he squeaked. I knew he had to be breathing if he was making his notorious squeaking noises to I quietly closed the door and went back downstairs. An hour later (after I made bottles, did the dishes AND took a shower), he woke up.
Just wanted to give you guys a little update on our life! We’ve got our first Daddy Daycare this Saturday. Please pray it goes well!