Lilypie

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pictures of the new house...

Yesterday I had a little time after work to stop by the new house and tooka few pictures. The trim and mantle are in, and the CABINETS were installed Thursday! I watched the boxes of cabinets sit in my house for three days, so I was starting to get ancy, but they turned out great and the entire kitchen was set up in just one day. I think tile is next, and countertops, and paint. Our good friends, Daniel and Dana (and their son, Chase) are moving in just a few homes away, and they already have paint, tile, countertops, and light fixtures. I think their home is about a month ahead of ours, and it's been fun watching it grow.

This is the exterior of our home... it was a little wet and dreary the day I took this, so I think the one I posted a few days ago looks better.

This is our kitchen! I can't wait to see it all finished out with granite and the backsplash! (Maybe I should learn how to cook now!)

This is the living room.

Looking from the living room into the dining room.

Everything is going really well on the home front. Mom and Dad have actually been wonderful hosts, and Mom and I have really enjoyed walking together most evenings. I think they're going to go through Empty Nest Syndrome again after we leave. Oh well, it's all about adjusting these days! Hope you all are having a great week end!

4 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Hey Whit, thanks for posting about Anna Kate's arrival for us! Michael had sent you 5 photos, but for some reason 1 did not go through (we checked the sent box on my e-mail and that one just failed to attach). So I tried to just drop it in, but I do think it messed up the spacing. I'm really not that good at all the format stuff. I finally sat down last night to do a big post, so there are lots of photos now! The house looks great! Love the yellow.

Lindsey Eason said...

Oh girl - you are going to LOVE living in that home - I'm already picturing a cozy fire with a nice meal cooking in the kitchen!! Can't wait to see more pics as it continues to "grow"...keep the pictures coming!!

kristy said...

I love the house! A great house combined with your great decorating skills is a recipe for a beautiful home! Can't wait to see the finished product.

amber said...

Oooh, I really like the big kitchen! Will the cabinets be stained or stay that off-white color? Fun talking with you the other day! Don't work too hard!