Lilypie

Saturday, September 05, 2009

My Morning Jog...

So, this week, I decided to run the Ross Bridge 8K to benefit Alabama Teen Challenge. Yes, you heard me right. THIS WEEK, I decided to run an 8K. So, one night I walked about 2 miles. That was the extent of my training. This morning, I got up bright and early thanking the Lord that it wasn't too hot!

My good friend (and work partner), Tarayn and me before the race... a little puffy!

I was so thankful to catch up with my good friend Julie Kent and Anne Diggs just before the first mile was finished. You guys were great running buddies!
And here we are AFTER the race! We were both so proud to finish!

It began pouring rain during my last 1/2 mile, but it felt so nice! I finished the race right at an hour. Not bad considering my training! So, now I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to walk tomorrow?! My joints are already a little sore! :-)
Congratulations to everyone who ran or walked! We did it!
Photobucket

6 comments:

The Regal Pup said...

Congrats!!!

The Bagwell Family said...

Yeah! I found your blog, and re-srated mine:)
You and taryn look like you had a great time! Hope to see you soon!

The Bagwell Family said...

*re-started. my bad :)

Merry said...

Way to go, Whit!!!

The Cosby's said...

Good job Whitney! That is great time considering your walk-training. You may be a marathon runner at heart and not even know it!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm those nipples are getting hard I want to suck yourtits