Lilypie

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Season of Change

For the past 4 1/2 years, I have loved my job. I loved the hundreds of people I befriended. I loved the company I worked for. I loved the energy, the busy-ness, and the passion. I felt like I was good at my job! The problem came when so much of my self-worth and my identity became wrapped up in my job. It was impossible to properly balance my life with my fast-paced job selling homes at Ross Bridge. I always found a way to justify it... the reward I felt was so great that it seemed to outweigh the harship of the journey. But the truth is, over the past few months, my heart has not been into it. I could feel the atmosphere at work changing in many ways, and I realized that the job I loved was becoming more of a burden than a blessing.

Thursday, my time as an agent at Ross Bridge came to an end. While I’m anxious to see where my next step in life will lead me, I KNOW this is the right thing for our family, and I have an unbelievable peace. God has our lives in his hands and I know that he has a plan! I know that God wants my identity wrapped up in HIM and not on the work I do to pass the time while I'm here on earth.

My prayer is for God’s guidance and wisdom. Pray that Justin and I hear God and that we LISTEN to the direction he wants to lead our lives.
Photobucket

6 comments:

The Bagwell Family said...

Right on Whitney! I will be praying for you, and praying that this new journey is an exciting one with an abundance of possibilities! You deserve it!I hope that you enjoy your vacation.

Michael and Hannah said...

I knew this was coming the minute you told me you were expecting! You're a wonderful mommy and Hayes is so lucky to have someone with all that drive and passion solely directed on him now! Can't wait to see where God leads you!

Ashley, Brandon, Jack, and Millie Sellers said...

Whitney,
This was one of the hardest decisons I had to make when I had Jack, but you made a good one! You are in the right place and will enjoy every minute of it! Good Luck!

katherine said...

Such a brave decision. I admire you.

And happy birthday! I spent much of my 30th birthday putting away baby clothes. ;)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I can only imagine how that must feel-i know you're a great mom to Hayes and I think its great that you're listening to God for his direction!

T said...

awww...the pictures are so cute. btw ur little one shares his birthday with me :) have a great life ahead!