Friday, May 08, 2009

Saddest Day Ever, Hayes' 5 Favorite Things, and SLEEP!

Well, yesterday was my first day back to work! Wednesday was tough knowing it was my last full day with Hayes before going back, but I survived (barely). Justin said he didn’t know that it was physically possible for someone to produce so many tears. I literally cried all day. Here's proof...
Now that you're sufficiently depressed, I'll continue. Yesterday morning, I cried getting ready and for 5 minutes when I walked into work, but I quickly made myself busy and ended up having a good day! :-) Hayes had a lot of fun with his Papa Rick, who watched him at our house yesterday. My family is chipping in to help watch him so he doesn’t have to go to day care for now.

Little Hayes is growing SO FAST!!! I weighed him on our scale last week and he weighed 12 ½ pounds!!! We will go to the doctor next week for his 2 month shots, and I can’t wait to get his official weight. My dad took this picture of my sweet, smiley boy yesterday when he took Hayes for a walk around the neighborhood.

Right now, Hayes has a few favorite things.

1. Outside. If he’s fussy, we can take him outside and it almost always soothes him. We have a big front porch with a swing, and he could cuddle with you there for hours.
2. Baby’s Bliss Gripe Water. It doesn’t work for a lot of babies, but one milliliter of that stuff can calm a very fussy Hayes instantly! Chase it with a paci, and we’re good to go!
3. Lovies. He has a monkey, puppy and a lamb. He pretty much clutches one of them all day long.
4. Baths. He was very indifferent about them in the beginning, but now his bath is something he looks forward to EVERY DAY. We are still trying to get him to like the lotion… we’re making progress… slowly.
5. Being held. Yes, he’s a little rotten. Luckily he sleeps well at night.

Speaking of sleeping well, Hayes slept through the night last night for the first time!!! I put him down around 10:00 and he didn’t wake up until 6:45 this morning! I woke up at 5:39, and frantically checked to make sure the monitor was on. Since he is sleeping in his crib in his room upstairs, I was afraid I had forgotten to turn on the monitor, and had slept through his night feeding. I checked the monitor and it was on. Whew! I opened it (we have a great video monitor), and he was indeed still in his crib, so I tiptoed upstairs to make sure he was still breathing. I opened the door to his room and he squeaked. I knew he had to be breathing if he was making his notorious squeaking noises to I quietly closed the door and went back downstairs. An hour later (after I made bottles, did the dishes AND took a shower), he woke up.

Yay Hayes!

Just wanted to give you guys a little update on our life! We’ve got our first Daddy Daycare this Saturday. Please pray it goes well!


No comments: